Team Building 101: Types and Battle Formations
Table of Contents
In Eversoul, you can have 5 units on a team. There are many ways to build teams to make the most powerful compositions possible. This guide covers the most important aspects to focus on when drafting your team: Types and Formations.
There are 6 Types in Eversoul, similar to Races or Elements in most other games:
When there are multiple units of a certain type in your team, all your units on the team receive buffs. Only 1 party buff can be active at the same time (e.g. 3 same type + 2 same types does not stack with 3 same type).
ATK = attack, HP = health points, CR = crit rate, CD = crit damage
- 3 units of the same type: ATK +10%, HP +10%
- 5 units of all different types: ATK +10%, HP +10%
- 3 units of the same type + 2 units of the same type (other than demon): ATK +15%, HP +15%
- 4 units of the same type: ATK +20%, HP +20%
- 5 units of the same type: ATK +25%, HP +25%
- 1 demon type: ATK +15%
- 2 demon type: ATK +15%, CR +10%
- 3 demon type: ATK +15%, CR +10%, CD +20%
- 4 demon type: ATK +20%, CR +15%, CD +25%
- 5 demon type: ATK +25%, CR +20%, CD +30%
- Angel type acts another type of the most numerous on your team, excluding demon type.
At release, there are only 2 demon types.
There are 4 formations to choose from. Each formation grants different buffs to your each of your units depending on whether they are situated in the front-line or back-line of your team. These buffs stack with type buffs.
- Basic Formation:
- 2 front-line: DEF +9%, HP +9%
- 3 back-line: ATK +6%
- Defensive Formation:
- 3 front-line: DEF +6%, HP +6%
- 2 back-line: ATK +9%
- Ranged Formation:
- 1 front-line: DEF +16%, HP +16%
- 4 back-line: ATK +4%
- Assault Formation:
- 4 front-line: DEF +4%, HP +4%
- 1 back-line: ATK +16%
Typically in idle games, it is best to hyper-invest into 1 strongest DPS character. The charge formation may be best for that strategy.